Doorgaan naar hoofdcontent

LIESL's Summer Wardrobe!

Sewing for the summer!

Just one more week and then I'm going to enjoy my summer holiday! In the past couple of weeks I've been busy sewing my Summer Wardrobe. My Instagram posts of these gorgeous fabrics marked the start of this fun project!


The fabric on top is from Lulu Designs (aka @sew__delicious) which I won in the #sewapril2019 challenge together with this beautiful floral one. The fabrics were turned into a ruffled skirt and a jiffy top. 













For the BERNINA blog I wrote about this skirt. I added a ruffle to a BERNINA wrap skirt. 

Go to the BERNINA blog.




For the top I used a Making Patterns Fly pattern and it turned out to be a jiffy make. I shortened it because I didn't have as much fabric as described. I believe this turned out for the better for my shape.

Loose fitting top Pattern


Check out a short video I made about this jiffy make



This piece is perfect to combine with my favorite pair of memade shorts. I already made a second version of this top. Never done ;-).




The next two dresses were made with Minerva Crafts fabrics. The green fabric with daisies is a cotton jersey fabric and the one with all the heads drawn upon them is cotton fabric.



The pattern I used for this dress is a Knipmode pattern. A fitted dress with an extra skirt part to make it a bit flirty. Didn't make much adjustments. I only took the top part in at the side seams and left out the zipper, because the fabric was stretchy enough.
Dress 13 Knipmode May 2017

I am a fan of little peaks at the back. So for this next dress I chose to combine two dresses into one.

I used the pattern below for the top part of the dress. I slightly raised the back a bit so I am able to wear a brah underneath without showing it.

Top of Dress 18 Knipmode November 2018

For the skirt part I choose another pattern from the same November 2018 edition of Knipmode. A more fitted one. No alterations needed. I made sure the waistline of both dresses aligned and therefore could combine the dresses.

Skirt of Dress 8 Knipmode November 2018

The full blogs of these makes will be posted in September and March 2020. Make sure you follow me on Instagram and stay tuned!

UPDATE: BLOG 'Turn heads dress' is live. Click here! 


Meanwhile you could read the blog about my one year anniversary as a Minerva Crafts blogger.

Go to recap of the Minerva Crafts blog!

Minerva Crafts blog recap


The last two pieces that I had planned to sew for my summer wardrobe are made from The Sewing Loft fabrics. I guess I had a bit of a striped phase.
The grey stiped one I turned into a the two-pieced dungarees. Dungarees were a definite piece on my to-sew-list. Especially after seeing so many cute dungarees on Instagram. And after making my two-pieced pinafore dress (BERNINA blog) I knew that I wanted my dungarees also to be a two-pieced one. The bib I drew myself and the trousers are pallazo pants from Knipmode.





Not only did I made my bib detachable, I also made them reversible....

Check the reversible trick.




In a summer wardrobe shorts can not be missed. As I stated above I have a favorite pair of shorts. Made again with a Knipmode pattern. I believe it is the sixth time I've made this pattern. My first blog I wrote here are about these shorts.



Knipmode juli 2015


This time I used the hot pink striped cotton fabric for it. It turned out great again. The fabric advice is to use stretch fabric. This striped fabric isn't. My solution is to use a stretch fabric as the strip that runs along side the legs. I used strips of a thicker jersey that I had lying around. Problem solved.



I am all sewn out for the summer! Just kidding ;-)

Together with items that I've sewn for last years summer wardrobe I am almost able to go on holiday with nothing but memades. Now I am combining it with some RTW items. Maybe I'll reach my goal next summer!



Have a lovely summer!

Love

Marlies

~Follow made by LIESL on 

 FacebookInstagram YouTube!~

















Reacties

Populaire posts van deze blog

Men's suit magic!

Turn a unloved suit into something new  (#therefashioners2017)  Nederlandse versie That's the challenge I encountered on Instagram and it's right up my alley: Making an existing outfit into something new or partly reusing it IS SÓ MUCH FUN. #loveit I did not have a suit that I wanted to remake, so the first part of this challenge started. Shopping! Looking for that unloved suit to be dramatically remade. At my third(!) trip to the second hand shop I choose the only suit that was available as a whole set. In fact, it was still very beautiful and it looked exactly like a suit that my love once had...?  Coincidence! The fabric does not have a very exciting print, but luckily it's oversized so there is enough fabric to spice it up. Let the magic begin: transform a neat men's suit into a cool women's suit that I can wear daily. Dismantle While dismantling the suit I saved as much original detail as I could. Interesting to see how such a suit is ma

Een comfortabel LIESL damespak

I. Made. A. Suit! English...click here! Dit ultieme dames pak was nog wat miste in mijn garderobe. Niet zomaar een damespak, nee eentje die comfortabel is. Én op verschillende manieren te stylen is. De stof mocht ik uitzoeken op de website van Katia Fabrics . Een wat dikker katoen met leuk zeepaardjes print die soepel valt. Het pak Even overwoog ik om een jumpsuit te maken, maar ik hou ervan als mijn kledingstukken 'multi- combineerbaar' zijn. Dit pak kan ik als een tweedelig-jumpsuit gebruiken en als twee aparte kledingstukken stylen met andere items uit mijn garderobe. Mix&Match Het jasje Ik begon met het maken van de blazer en gebruikt een Knipmode patroon. Het patroon is jasje 18 Marie uit Knipmode januari 2018. Het zusje van Marie is jasje 19 Ester. Beide patronen zijn online (pdf en papier) te bestellen en hebben dezelfde basis. Je vindt  Marie hier  en Ester hier . Jasje Marie, Knipmode januari 2018 Jasje Ester, Knipm

A recap of my Minervacrafts blogs!

One year anniversary! It was a 'busew' year! In which I wrote 13 blogposts for the Minervacrafts website. Such al lovely collaboration which allows me to work with the most beautiful fabrics and I loved every minute of it! At this moment 10 blogs are posted online, three more are scheduled for later this year. And some new fabrics are on it's way to be reviewed and turned into LIESL - creations. Ten LIESL's in a row One The first blog I wrote was this one about the famous Kielo Wrap Dress from Named Clothing. My version with longer sleeves has a bit of an Asian theme. Read about it here Two The second blog was a bigger project with lots of embellishments: The pink polka-dot trenchcoat. I was inspired by a trenchcoat I saw and tried to recreate it.  Want to see if I've succeeded? Click  here . Three The third one was a dress again in a 'love at first sight' fabric. I have a soft spot for graphic fabrics in black-and-white w