Doorgaan naar hoofdcontent

Minty Vintage Skirt!

Okay, okay...


this fabric may not fit this time of year, but the color certainly does! I am excited about it. The fabric is similar to tweed but then slightly lighter, I has been lying around for a while and I actually took it out of my stash to make a bag out of it (and I will definitely do that, for my next BERNINA Blog). It was on the cutting table at the same time as the polkadot fabric which I made into lovely summer top (check this blog) and that inspired me to the combination.


The sturdiness of the fabric makes a nice silhouette. It keeps tight where it may be tight and is therefore slimming. In addition, no unevenness can be detected. Looking for a pattern that has a higher waist, I came across the pattern from Knipmode with a vintage look, very classic. Love it!



Knipmode May 2017
Instead of working with a piping, as the description indicates, I used white cotton on the inside of the pocket flaps and also the inner sides of the waistband. It has almost the same effect.



It went a bit wrong with the zipper. I simply cut too little seam allowance and that's why the zipper yawns a little bit. The next time more seam allowance or yet a blind zipper. I'm better at that. Hmmm?


From the length of the skirt I took 14 cm off, because I am not so big and also because I wanted a bit shorter skirt. For that I cut the pattern halfway horizontally and slide it in (about 12 cm). I made the split 2 cm shorter, otherwise I found it not in proportion.

I actually thought I would line the skirt, I did not do that in the end. So the split was easy. First I stitched the facing with the right side together on the hem line, turned it, and then attached the hem and facing. I just stitched it with the machine at 3 cm, with gray yarn. You hardly see it. The alternative is to seam by hand. Ah well, choices!


Super happy with the result! The fit is good, the flaps super-cute and it goes super with my polkadot top. A pair of beautiful shoes, a sequinced bag and I am summery chic!

Reacties

Een reactie posten

Populaire posts van deze blog

Men's suit magic!

Turn a unloved suit into something new  (#therefashioners2017)  Nederlandse versie That's the challenge I encountered on Instagram and it's right up my alley: Making an existing outfit into something new or partly reusing it IS SÓ MUCH FUN. #loveit I did not have a suit that I wanted to remake, so the first part of this challenge started. Shopping! Looking for that unloved suit to be dramatically remade. At my third(!) trip to the second hand shop I choose the only suit that was available as a whole set. In fact, it was still very beautiful and it looked exactly like a suit that my love once had...?  Coincidence! The fabric does not have a very exciting print, but luckily it's oversized so there is enough fabric to spice it up. Let the magic begin: transform a neat men's suit into a cool women's suit that I can wear daily. Dismantle While dismantling the suit I saved as much original detail as I could. Interesting to see how such a suit is ma...

Lattice-dress!

I love quick little projects with fast results, but I can also really get my teeth into somewhat bigger and more complicated projects. Like this dress! This dress has been allowed to camp on my mannequin for a few months. From only strips of fabric to a real dress, made for a special occasion. And during this process I've tried some new techniques and learned a lot! Again. ( Nederlandse versie ) Slow sewing In March of this year I already started testing the weave. I first made bias strips of unbleached cotton (15 mm wide) and tried out how I could fixate the strips the best. I also requested the help of my followers on  Instagram  and  Facebook . I myself tried it with textile glue and got the suggestion to use the ironing-band and Vliesofix. With a biasband maker (smallest size) and the iron I fixed the strips. Vliesofix will release if you do not stitch it (I didn't want to stitch it) and the band was too laborious, so I choose textile...

Herfstvlinder-jurkje

Dat leuke jurkje met die vlindermouwen, dat ik veel tegenkwam op Social Media in verschillende 'naaigroepjes' en allemaal even leuk, heb ik ook gemaakt. Dat is nou zo mooi van het delen van je creaties op het wereldwijde web. Je raakt erdoor geïnspireerd. Zo leuk! En maar goed ook, want eerlijk gezegd bladerde ik redelijk snel langs dit patroon in de Knip. De reden: vlindermouwen en ik zijn geen ' match made in heaven '. Door de getoonde creaties keek ik opnieuw naar het patroon en zag de pluspunten: de rechte rok en leuke brede ceintuur, die wel eens flatterend konden gaan werken.  Yes! Knipmode Aug 2017 Hoewel het een zomermodel is heb ik hem toch nog dit jaar gemaakt. Ik koos voor dikker tricot in een mooie roestbruine herfsttint en bedacht dat als het te koud wordt voor blote armen ik er een truitje onder kan dragen. Of misschien zelfs in de winter met mijn bikerjack dat ik al eens eerder maakte in dezelfde kleur. De dikte van het tricot zorgt er...