Doorgaan naar hoofdcontent

Minty Vintage Skirt!

Okay, okay...


this fabric may not fit this time of year, but the color certainly does! I am excited about it. The fabric is similar to tweed but then slightly lighter, I has been lying around for a while and I actually took it out of my stash to make a bag out of it (and I will definitely do that, for my next BERNINA Blog). It was on the cutting table at the same time as the polkadot fabric which I made into lovely summer top (check this blog) and that inspired me to the combination.


The sturdiness of the fabric makes a nice silhouette. It keeps tight where it may be tight and is therefore slimming. In addition, no unevenness can be detected. Looking for a pattern that has a higher waist, I came across the pattern from Knipmode with a vintage look, very classic. Love it!



Knipmode May 2017
Instead of working with a piping, as the description indicates, I used white cotton on the inside of the pocket flaps and also the inner sides of the waistband. It has almost the same effect.



It went a bit wrong with the zipper. I simply cut too little seam allowance and that's why the zipper yawns a little bit. The next time more seam allowance or yet a blind zipper. I'm better at that. Hmmm?


From the length of the skirt I took 14 cm off, because I am not so big and also because I wanted a bit shorter skirt. For that I cut the pattern halfway horizontally and slide it in (about 12 cm). I made the split 2 cm shorter, otherwise I found it not in proportion.

I actually thought I would line the skirt, I did not do that in the end. So the split was easy. First I stitched the facing with the right side together on the hem line, turned it, and then attached the hem and facing. I just stitched it with the machine at 3 cm, with gray yarn. You hardly see it. The alternative is to seam by hand. Ah well, choices!


Super happy with the result! The fit is good, the flaps super-cute and it goes super with my polkadot top. A pair of beautiful shoes, a sequinced bag and I am summery chic!

Reacties

Een reactie posten

Populaire posts van deze blog

Men's suit magic!

Turn a unloved suit into something new  (#therefashioners2017)  Nederlandse versie That's the challenge I encountered on Instagram and it's right up my alley: Making an existing outfit into something new or partly reusing it IS SÓ MUCH FUN. #loveit I did not have a suit that I wanted to remake, so the first part of this challenge started. Shopping! Looking for that unloved suit to be dramatically remade. At my third(!) trip to the second hand shop I choose the only suit that was available as a whole set. In fact, it was still very beautiful and it looked exactly like a suit that my love once had...?  Coincidence! The fabric does not have a very exciting print, but luckily it's oversized so there is enough fabric to spice it up. Let the magic begin: transform a neat men's suit into a cool women's suit that I can wear daily. Dismantle While dismantling the suit I saved as much original detail as I could. Interesting to see how such a suit is ma

Een comfortabel LIESL damespak

I. Made. A. Suit! English...click here! Dit ultieme dames pak was nog wat miste in mijn garderobe. Niet zomaar een damespak, nee eentje die comfortabel is. Én op verschillende manieren te stylen is. De stof mocht ik uitzoeken op de website van Katia Fabrics . Een wat dikker katoen met leuk zeepaardjes print die soepel valt. Het pak Even overwoog ik om een jumpsuit te maken, maar ik hou ervan als mijn kledingstukken 'multi- combineerbaar' zijn. Dit pak kan ik als een tweedelig-jumpsuit gebruiken en als twee aparte kledingstukken stylen met andere items uit mijn garderobe. Mix&Match Het jasje Ik begon met het maken van de blazer en gebruikt een Knipmode patroon. Het patroon is jasje 18 Marie uit Knipmode januari 2018. Het zusje van Marie is jasje 19 Ester. Beide patronen zijn online (pdf en papier) te bestellen en hebben dezelfde basis. Je vindt  Marie hier  en Ester hier . Jasje Marie, Knipmode januari 2018 Jasje Ester, Knipm

A recap of my Minervacrafts blogs!

One year anniversary! It was a 'busew' year! In which I wrote 13 blogposts for the Minervacrafts website. Such al lovely collaboration which allows me to work with the most beautiful fabrics and I loved every minute of it! At this moment 10 blogs are posted online, three more are scheduled for later this year. And some new fabrics are on it's way to be reviewed and turned into LIESL - creations. Ten LIESL's in a row One The first blog I wrote was this one about the famous Kielo Wrap Dress from Named Clothing. My version with longer sleeves has a bit of an Asian theme. Read about it here Two The second blog was a bigger project with lots of embellishments: The pink polka-dot trenchcoat. I was inspired by a trenchcoat I saw and tried to recreate it.  Want to see if I've succeeded? Click  here . Three The third one was a dress again in a 'love at first sight' fabric. I have a soft spot for graphic fabrics in black-and-white w