Doorgaan naar hoofdcontent

Summery Chic Polkadot!

So crazy about this dot!


The fabric has been moved with me a few times in my fabric box with leftovers. I could not dispose of it. I can not even remember what I have ever made of it (or maybe it's from the leftover stock of my mom). It was only a small piece and after some creative juggling with the pattern it could still be a part of a summery top. The rest of the top is made of a discarded white t-shirt from my hubby.

Knipmode December 2016
The top is a pattern from Knipmode and I also used this pattern for the lace body from the Knipster contest last year. (see pictures on my Facebook). I made the pattern a bit narrower and so I had to wrinkle it less but made sure the top was still large enough. Now I could process the remainder of the polkadot fabric in a V-shape. For this I have been inspired by the Fenna sweater from La Maison Victor (which is also on my 'to-sew' list).




There are a lot of seams in the top, well maybe that's what makes this top unique. I halved the neck binding and I used a bra clasp instead of a button.


From remnants of the leftovers ;-) I made a kind of casing that I can attach to the back of my bra so that it is not visible. I drew the shape on a pattern paper and cut it twice from the fabric. The long side I sewed and I zoomed the short sides. An easy way to leave that bra out of sight and still have an open back.


Super summery top with lovely polkadots. Perfect for the mint green vintage-look skirt that I also made this week. Read about my skirt on this Blog.








Reacties

Populaire posts van deze blog

Men's suit magic!

Turn a unloved suit into something new  (#therefashioners2017)  Nederlandse versie That's the challenge I encountered on Instagram and it's right up my alley: Making an existing outfit into something new or partly reusing it IS SÓ MUCH FUN. #loveit I did not have a suit that I wanted to remake, so the first part of this challenge started. Shopping! Looking for that unloved suit to be dramatically remade. At my third(!) trip to the second hand shop I choose the only suit that was available as a whole set. In fact, it was still very beautiful and it looked exactly like a suit that my love once had...?  Coincidence! The fabric does not have a very exciting print, but luckily it's oversized so there is enough fabric to spice it up. Let the magic begin: transform a neat men's suit into a cool women's suit that I can wear daily. Dismantle While dismantling the suit I saved as much original detail as I could. Interesting to see how such a suit is ma

Een comfortabel LIESL damespak

I. Made. A. Suit! English...click here! Dit ultieme dames pak was nog wat miste in mijn garderobe. Niet zomaar een damespak, nee eentje die comfortabel is. Én op verschillende manieren te stylen is. De stof mocht ik uitzoeken op de website van Katia Fabrics . Een wat dikker katoen met leuk zeepaardjes print die soepel valt. Het pak Even overwoog ik om een jumpsuit te maken, maar ik hou ervan als mijn kledingstukken 'multi- combineerbaar' zijn. Dit pak kan ik als een tweedelig-jumpsuit gebruiken en als twee aparte kledingstukken stylen met andere items uit mijn garderobe. Mix&Match Het jasje Ik begon met het maken van de blazer en gebruikt een Knipmode patroon. Het patroon is jasje 18 Marie uit Knipmode januari 2018. Het zusje van Marie is jasje 19 Ester. Beide patronen zijn online (pdf en papier) te bestellen en hebben dezelfde basis. Je vindt  Marie hier  en Ester hier . Jasje Marie, Knipmode januari 2018 Jasje Ester, Knipm

A recap of my Minervacrafts blogs!

One year anniversary! It was a 'busew' year! In which I wrote 13 blogposts for the Minervacrafts website. Such al lovely collaboration which allows me to work with the most beautiful fabrics and I loved every minute of it! At this moment 10 blogs are posted online, three more are scheduled for later this year. And some new fabrics are on it's way to be reviewed and turned into LIESL - creations. Ten LIESL's in a row One The first blog I wrote was this one about the famous Kielo Wrap Dress from Named Clothing. My version with longer sleeves has a bit of an Asian theme. Read about it here Two The second blog was a bigger project with lots of embellishments: The pink polka-dot trenchcoat. I was inspired by a trenchcoat I saw and tried to recreate it.  Want to see if I've succeeded? Click  here . Three The third one was a dress again in a 'love at first sight' fabric. I have a soft spot for graphic fabrics in black-and-white w